Thank you for your interest in exploring job opportunities here at Hope Clinic of McKinney!
We are a faith-based, non-profit, primary health care clinic providing free services to those in Collin County with no insurance and limited financial resources.
Our paid staff sets the tone for our mission and vision — to share the love of Christ as we provide our Collin County neighbors with increased access to compassionate health care. We believe that every person who walks through our doors has innate value because they were created in the image of God. We love our patients because Christ loved them first. We know that together we can accomplish more than we can alone. We are relational, not transactional, for that is where true community development begins.
Our ideal candidate for any paid staff role at Hope Clinic is one that agrees with, identifies with, and has a passion for the vision and mission statement of Hope Clinic, including our priority of being a Christ-focused ministry first, and a clinic second.
If this describes you, we welcome and encourage you to apply today! Simply email your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Job Openings
POSITION: RN/Nurse Manager/Clinic Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Medical Director
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, 35 hours a week
POSITION SUMMARY: Supervision and monitoring of all clinical medical functions to assure quality efficiency and coordination of appropriate patient care. Oversees all nursing and clinical support staff and volunteers.
- Be present when weekday clinic is open to oversee all clinical aspects of operations.
- Act as fill-in nurse, only if volunteer is unavailable, including triage of walk-in patients.
- Supervision, training, monitoring, and evaluation of volunteer nursing staff and clinical support staff. This includes meeting with interested nursing volunteers.
- Provide and improve patient education. This may be during patient visits or scheduling separate nurse visits, depending on the issue.
- Oversee all aspects of laboratory testing. This includes point-of-care testing, acting as a liaison with Quest Diagnostics, ensuring ordered labs have pricing agreements, drawing labs at clinic when clinical staff/volunteer is unable to (or training nurses to do so).
- Monitor and maintain Athena staff inboxes for volunteer providers.
- Oversee inventory systems and items (stocking and organizing), including medications, supplies and equipment. Inform ED-OPS when re-ordering is necessary.
- Serve as clinical liaison during the week. All clinically related calls (labs, imaging, pharmacy, patient medical questions) will be routed through Nurse Manager and/or Medical Assistant.
- Learn clinical aspects of electronic medical record to answer staff questions and develop clinical improvements to meet and exceed quality assurance measures.
- Coordinate with Medical Director and/or Executive Director of Operations to accomplish facility and patient-care goals.
- Recognize and assist in solving clinical and administrative problems.
- Supervise care delivery systems to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Develop and implement nursing policies and procedures.
- Communicate with patients and families to address care-related concerns and implement patient education.
- Monitor patient medications, treatment and therapies for quality assurance reporting and/or compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Serve on Clinical Services Committee.
- Other duties emanating from Medical Director and Executive Directors.
- Minimum Education: Completion of a registered nurse program, BSN or Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum Experience: 2 years
- Minimum Certifications and/or Licenses: Licensing as a registered nurse and BLS
- Minimum Skills: Experience with EMR, MS Word, Excel, MS outlook.
- Our ideal candidate for this role is one that agrees with, identifies with, and has a passion for the vision and mission statement of Hope Clinic, including our priority of being a Christ-focused ministry first, and a clinic second.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, a high level of organization, and the ability to motivate and energize nursing staff in day-to-day operations and when implementing new programs or requirements.
- Available to work at least 1 Saturday shift per month.
POSITION: Office Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Patient Services
POSITION SUMMARY: Serves as the first impression of Hope Clinic for our patients and visitors. Manages front office of Hope Clinic and provides administrative support to all clinic staff.
- Create a warm, comfortable setting in which the patient is welcomed and cared for while waiting to be seen by clinic staff.
- Check patients in and out of appointments and schedule patients for all medical and specialty appointments.
- Oversee annual re-enrollment of established patients and assist in new patient enrollment as needed.
- Answer incoming phone calls for new patient inquiries or existing patients requesting appointments. Ensure all calls or messages are routed to the appropriate staff member
- Answer and manage all incoming messages, both physically and electronically. Ensure all messages are routed to appropriate staff.
- Oversee all appointment reminders. Ensure schedule reflects all updates and changes.
- Oversee all incoming faxes and upload to patient charts or forward to appropriate party.
- Scan and upload patient documentation to patient chart as directed by Director of Patient Services or Nurse Manager.
- Light housekeeping.
- Submit to ED – Operations for office supply purchasing needs.
- Provide administrative support to other clinic staff.
- Other duties emanating from Director of Patient Services.
- Fluency in Spanish and English required.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills in person and over the phone.
- Computer proficiency as well as Office (Word, Excel), and willingness to learn AthenaHealth (electronic medical record).
- Knowledge of scanners, copiers, fax machines and basic office equipment.
- Understands how to ask for help when situations or problems present which are beyond their ability or knowledge.
- Exhibits a willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle difficult situations in a calm manner.
- Ability to align with our organizational values, including one that agrees with, identifies with, and has a passion for the vision and mission statement of Hope Clinic, including our priority of being a Christ-focused ministry first, and a clinic second.
- Some Saturday and evening availability is required.
HOURS: Full-time (40 hours/wk)